Ways to Help Poor & Needy People
Below mentioned are 11 simple ways to help the poor and needy people of the world, which you can often do without even leaving your home.
- Donation: One of the easiest and most obvious ways of helping the poor and needy people is through donation. You can donate money, food, clothes, toys, old furniture, and books to the nearest organizations who are dealing to help the needy people. These donations can brighten the day of poor people.
- Education: Communicating knowledge can help the poor and needy people in a better way to stand on their feet. Education is the basis of getting out from hardships of life. Giving free education to needy people help them to grow as individuals and lead a better life. Poor and needy people cannot afford the education so teaching them in a sustainable way to grow their own food could help them to lead a better life.
- Better Understanding: We can help the poor and needy people in a better way by understanding their wants, desires, and thoughts without declining their dignity. When we understand their needs, we can help them to achieve their desires or wants in a respectable manner.
- Fundraising: One of the ways to help the world’s poor and needy people is fundraising. You can contact people about many organizations to donate to, can start campaigns for fundraising. Fundraising can also involve donating items for free and holding auctions for those items. These things would help in funds raising.
- Stay Inform Yourself: One of the simplest ways to help the poor and needy people is to stay informed about issues related to them. In this way, you can help the poor people to do the other things more effectively all you need to do is stay informed on the issues.
- Social Media: Social Media has become one of the most used, easiest and quickest ways to help the poor and needy people. By the use of Social media and Social Networking Sites like Facebook Twitter or Instagram, one can raise his/her voice and create awareness about issues and get a helping hand in a short period of time. One can connect to various charity organizations or community centers involved in helping needy people. Through social media one can buy products online from websites and donate as a charity that helps the poor and needy people. In this regard, we have also contributed by developing an app namely “We Help” which is a platform solely for the community to identify people who are deprived of basic needs of life. The main purpose of this app is to share photos and necessities of those who need help and those who want to help can reach them individually to fulfill their needs.
- Raise Awareness: If you are aware of issues related to poor people whether through social media or some other source you can use your information to raise the awareness of those around you. If you care about the poor and needy people you can be sure that other people do too, but may just be unaware of how they can help. You can share your information on different poverty-fighting organizations with your colleagues, family, friends and also on social platforms like “We Help”.
- Help as an Individual: Individuals can also help the poor and needy people instantly by providing financial assistance that helps them to solve the basic problems of living. By providing money to the poor and needy people, they can get the basic necessities of living. Through monetary help, poor and needy people can get a meal for their family, a place to live or some clothes to wear.
- Moral Consolation: If you cannot help the poor people through donation then one of the better ways to help the poor and needy people is to give them a hand up rather than a handout. Giving moral support, showing heartfelt humility and respect to the poor people makes them aware that someone really does care about them and trying to improve their condition.
- Join an Organization: Start an organization or create a group by gathering like-minded individuals who are willing to help the poor and needy people and pick something to do with poverty to work to ease. Start up a group of people to help educate community members on poverty.
- Collection Drive: One of the easiest ways to help the poor and needy people is through collection drive. You can contact the organizations who work for poor and needy people to find out what they need and then organize collection drive by setting up containers at schools, or local premises in which people can drop off donations can ask offices to donate to the drive.